Friday, October 7, 2016

HUMANS OF SECS: CATHERINE YEE

Hello Earth friends! Today we are very excited to announce that we're going to be starting a series of Humans of New York style profiles on this page of our lovely and dedicated SECS team. We want you to get to know us and learn what drives our passion for SECS and the environment!
First up on Humans of SECS is one of our fantastic co-presidents, Catherine Yee. Catherine is going to be graduating this spring with a degree in Earth, Society, and Environmental Sustainability. Besides being our co-president, Catherine is also an intern at iSEE, involved on the Student Sustainability Leadership Council, and a student member of the Energy Generation, Purchasing, and Distribution SWATeam. She has been a member of SECS since her freshman year and previously has led our Earth Week team.


"Why is the environment important to me? This is such a hard question. I think it’s hard to explain why I love the environment so much. I think about it this way: this is our home forever, and we will be here from our first breath to our last. You wouldn’t want to live in a mess, but it seems like we’re making our home messier and messier with each passing day, month, year. I want everyone to work each day to make the Earth a better place. I want the future to be bright and pure. I want to be able to take a deep breath in a city and not feel the pollution run through my lungs. If everyone started to think of the Earth as something other than a resource that can be used and abused, we would have that Earth. The environment is important to me because I’ll be here my whole life, and I want to make sure it’s a good one."



Photographs by Maggie Golden

No comments:

Post a Comment