Tuesday, October 25, 2016

HUMANS OF SECS: MATTHEW MARTINEZ

This week we'd like to introduce you to our social chair, Matthew Martinez. Matthew is a sophomore studying philosophy and psychology on the pre-law track. He's the one responsible for organizing all of our wonderful social events, and is also a member of our Beyond Coal subcommittee. Matthew has been a part of SECS for one year and is excited for all the time to come!





"I like to think of the Earth as an extension of myself... I know that might sound disingenuous, but I really believe it. The way I see it, my ability to experience anything at all is the culmination of the most outrageous and beautifully harmonious occurrences, and the Earth played a huge role in it all! It facilitated the evolution of life that eventually led to my consciousness. It’s part of the reason I’m able to say and feel any of this. Why aren’t we constantly blown away by that!? It’s so beautiful... Anyways, I just want to give it the reverence it deserves and I think that necessitates being a good steward."



Photographs by Maggie Golden

No comments:

Post a Comment