Monday, March 13, 2017

HUMANS OF SECS: ANNA TSANG

What do you know, it’s time for another Humans of SECS! This is Anna Tsang, who is one of our Political Action co-chairs. Anna is a senior studying Environmental Economics and Policy. She has been a member of SECS for two years, and a Political Action chair since the beginning of this school year. Outside of SECS, she is also a Marketing Intern for the Student Sustainability Committee. Anna has interned with the Sierra Club in Washington D.C. and for Illinois State Senator Scott Bennett during her time at UIUC.



I realized I wanted to dedicate my life to protecting the environment when I was in high school. I believe that animals are the minority of our society who don't have a right to vote or a voice to express their struggles. So, my role is to fight against the injustice done to wildlife who are pushed out of their own habitat to point of extinction.” 


Photographs by Maggie Golden

No comments:

Post a Comment